3.6.06

do not sin in your anger

oh man, matthew champ, that word was really timely.
thanks.

we just finished 2 days of a little something called "donut day." it's basically kettles, but minus the freezing cold, plus blistering heat, and traffic. we stand at intersections and ask people in their cars to give us money. i almost got hit way too many times.
plus....sunburns and blisters. lovely!
pretty much a 14 hour day in the end.

anyway--
i could feel myself getting irritable. and impatient. i kept snapping at people (even the girl i'm discipling...oh man)and i just felt so horribly DRAINED.

so yea- needless to say, thank you matthew for the word. i am weak. i can't hold myself up. i need His strength-- help me Jesus.
i'm not asking Him just to make me feel strong, i'm asking Him to help me not to let this weariness drag me down.
no excuse for sin-- even if i feel like death, and even if the sin is as "little" (not like we rate sins) as avoiding someone who tries my patience.

i love it when the body of Christ works...i'm so glad matthew was obedient in sharing what the Lord gave to him.

:o)

--olivia.

3 Comments:

Blogger I Believe We Shall Win said...

YHWH told me you were going to have to fight. So this is where you're fighting now. Fighting physical weakness and irritablility. Satan likes to hit us where it hurts. You're worn out in your flesh. Fight through it. When the devil hits you where it hurts, hit him back harder! Love people and speak truth! Be free in all kinds of worship. Follow the Spirit's leading. Resist the devil, then he'll finally flee from you (until a more opportune time).

Fight Olivia! Fight! Fight! Fight! Don't give up fighting! Remember to take up your sword (truth). You are the WARRIOR Bride. Fighting is who you are. Overcome, and give glory to our God who sustains you and makes you more than a conqueror!

The LORD blesses you on your front!

Joel

4/6/06 8:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:o)
-olivia.

4/6/06 9:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost punched a guy the other day for making fun of someone at my corps. she is a woman who has a really bad overbite, and i think she's developmentally disabled.

I shoulda socked him

12/6/06 5:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker