16.11.06

Update from the Boydser

I've been busy and my computer cord just got fried, so little time/access to internet. Still no excuse for not updating. Sorry!

I think I've been one of the idle ones Denise talked about. I got back into Seattle and I think some old stuff I'd recently grown into freedom in at Bangor and in Vancouver just kind of crept back up on me and latched on like a big dead rotting body. I was quenched in my spirit, lackadaisical, lazy, and probably a bit legalistic in any kind of ration times, and all together very dissatisfied in it all. But you can't keep a soldier down. When I realized how crappy I'd become and how unfulfilled I was, I started praying for release from it all and tried to get out of it. Freedom really came when we had a "worship and justice conference" at my corps. The War college came down, I got to meet the Revolutionaries (they are the true bomb diggity and I'm proud to have them pressing down on my shoulders) and I finally broke put of the kind of held back/reservedness I had been wallowing in. It produced this death in me that effected every aspect of my relationship with YHWH and thus every part of my life. I guess I'm realizing I need to be outwardly passionate, or my spirit is just going to fall asleep. OOh... that just gave me an idea for a blog.... the wheels begin turning...

So pray for me. My corps is at a breaking point. Either we charge forward now and like bust out with the Spirit and in justice, or we wallow in death forever. The latter isn't an option, so pray that I might be diligent and faithful to YHWH to love Him alone and not be concerned with how the world views me. I must become more undignified than this, because when I hold it in, I can't breath. Pray for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

I miss you Joel. The Revolution session was so happy to have met and spent time with you - they realized last weekend that my words about you weren't just because I am nuts!!! lol.
break free, my friend. YHWH has a hold on you that satan will never be able to grip on to. You are enveloped in the grip of grace...

D

16/11/06 7:41 p.m.  
Blogger Denise said...

and its funny that you put boydser...isn't joe the only one who actually calls you that?! funny.

16/11/06 7:42 p.m.  
Blogger Holysession said...

Thanks for the update brother. Love hearing about you and your life.
Love Melissa

19/11/06 3:37 p.m.  
Blogger Kath said...

dude good to hear from you, found myself praying for you a bit lately. God has great things instore for you, keep going, ingnore the lies about 'what's appropreate' and be faithful. the lord has called you to be a trumpet to His bride, to make a stand and to wake up and follow.
great seeing you in VAncover. I think davyd's going to have vido up soon of our performace so you can watch in slow mode if you like me punching stuets folder out of his hands.
blessings
kath

19/11/06 11:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker