29.1.07

Finally one from the Stringbabies...

Hey Holies!

After commenting that I am not blogging much at the moment on Joes post, I thought i'd change my mind just for a minute and let you guys know how we are going.

Kirsty and I have both made the move to Sydney. Kirsty is working at THQ in the missions department as a secretary. It is a maternity contract that finishes in July.

I have taken up a position at the Sydney Congress Hall corps as a ministry assistant. So far it has been pretty good. It would be good if you guys could pray for me though as the corps is a Sunday 'commuter' corps and is very traditional. I am trying to foster authentic Christian community within the corps however are finding it hard as you only see people on a Sunday. I know YHWH has me here for a purpose though so at the moment i'll just trust and obey (as the song goes :-) We are looking at starting a cell up shortly (small groups are lacking here) so that should help.

I have started connecting with some other Salvation Army Corps including the rehab centre and street level mission. I look forward to see how YHWH can use me there.

Anyway I think thats about all.

Incase you are wondering, it is a beautiful 28c (82f) as I sit typing this. I love Sydney. Beautiful place, you should visit sometime.

God is here! Amen.

Andrew

4 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

You just had to mention the weather!!! Its stinkin' freezing here in Maine.
Good to hear from you, Andrew. I'm hoping to give you guys a call sometime, but only after I've paid off the 5 hour call I had with Jacynta last week...I shudder to think of the bill when it arrives!

30/1/07 7:33 a.m.  
Blogger Matthew said...

we have lots of snow.
yesterday i went out without a hat and i was downtown and i saw a homeless guy with blue ears - and then i wished i had a hat i could have given him. but i didn't have one.
lesson of the day - always leave home with a hat.
and i love andrew stringer. and i love kirsty stringer.
they fill my life with happiness.
i love happiness.
for those of you who want to know what i'm wearing - i've turned up the heat in my apartment as high as it will go - so i feel like i could be in australia - and now i'm sweating - and it's really hot.
so i'm sitting in front of the computer typing this in scooby-doo boxers.
i love scooby-doo.
i think i'm going to go and take a cold shower.

30/1/07 9:33 a.m.  
Blogger Andrew said...

You're so random Champ. lol...

30/1/07 8:12 p.m.  
Blogger Kath said...

stringers i love you guys.. may give you a call, i think my brain is up to working out the time difference.
blessings
kath

31/1/07 2:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker