16.6.06

Listen!

I wholeheartedly agree with Denise. I have the benefit of seeing the desperation in her eyes when she talks about how we need each other. Its real intersession coming from the heart of YHWH and we'd all be pretty selfish and hard against YHWH to ignore it.

We need vulnerability. We need community. Community is hard. It has been all year. It may be harder now, because we're not together. That doesn't matter. We need to do it. We need to fight through this stuff.

Fighting would be a lot easier if it was a physical battle where we strapped on physical armor and took up tangible weapons and started killing demons. But it's not that easy. Fighting often means going against your own inhibitions. It means being free in worship when everyone is looking. It means going strong and not slacking off when we feel sleepy and lethargic. It means making time, time for God, time for people. Time for blogging. It means sharing your problems when pride says you can handle it on your own or no one cares, or a million other lies the enemy is using to keep us shut up. We need to recognize where the enemy is attacking and resist that.

We need to hear what the Spirit is saying to the session. YHWH speaks through His prophets. When people prophesy, we NEED to listen. It isn't them, it's the voice of YHWH. Have ears to hear Him, through Denise, through Jenea, through whomever He chooses to use.

In keeping with Denise's word, here's my struggle- The liar keeps giving me all this guilt and condemnation. I often feel like I've been doing the wrong thing. Whenever Doug and Debb call me or take me aside to tell me something, I feel like I'm going to be in trouble. I feel guilty for spending time with people, when that's what I'm supposed to do. It's been heavy and distracting. Also, I found out in a prayer session that I was being legalistic with my time with YHWH, so He told me to stop doing my rations for a bit so He could teach me how to do it without legalism. So times have been inconsistent. And I'm trying not to feel guilt for time I don't spend and for the time I do spend. It's all kind of crazy, but I'm just now recognizing this stuff as an attack. So here's my struggle, my weakness. I need prayer. Help me.

Deliver us from evil. Amen.
The One who is faithful will do it. Amen.
One day, every knee will bow. Total victory. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

i relate heaps to your last paragraph Joel. Been having the same attack

23/6/06 7:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker