21.9.06

Mel in Montreal

Hi guys,

On Tuesday I went to the Simmons ware house with a 20ft. truck (with my dad and sister Kathryn, don't worry he drove) to pick up about 30 mattresses and load them onto the truck. These mattresses are brand new but cannot be sold because of a tag upside down or a small tear etc. so my dad takes them and sells them and uses the money for mission trips. To add an element of danger, there was this 3 foot gap between the truck and loading dock that if you didn't jump over you were gone. The guys at the ware house were having a good laugh while we're loading the truck because my sister and I are not exactly burly or heavily built ladies, but we did good.

We then had to deliver 2 mattresses and 2 box springs to friends of ours (its actually an old friend of mine since I was 12 who had moved away a couple years ago, but now is back!) on the 3rd floor. I was quite tired by the end, but was very pleased with the hard labour of the day.

Anyways, just thought I'd share a little story from my life right now.

Love Melissa

7 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Aww Melissa,
I miss you alot.
Let me know about any future trips up to Ottawa.
-Champ

21/9/06 8:05 a.m.  
Blogger Victory of the People said...

melissa

man how i miss you!

i was sitting with olivia, kirsten and jacynta the other day and we were lookig at kirstens pictures and there was a picture of you and we all said how much we really really miss you, infact we had to stop the conversastion because we were getting too sad.!!!!

21/9/06 3:12 p.m.  
Blogger Denise said...

you're buff and you know it!!!

Love you ;)

21/9/06 11:16 p.m.  
Blogger Jacynta said...

melissa melissa melissa, man I have seen those guns of yours, you could take out a sumo with those things! Be responsible with them you know! Superman had to stop playing football because of His powers so you just be careful, hard labour pfff, man who you trying to fool! ; )

Man I love you soooo much and I miss you more than I can say! I miss your beautiful singing face and your warm smile! But I will see you in Australia so its all good!

Love you ma belle opale!
Jacynta

22/9/06 2:30 a.m.  
Blogger KiR said...

Can you get me a mattress? Mine is still full of pesky little bugs. Grrrrr.

22/9/06 1:34 p.m.  
Blogger KiR said...

Can you get me a mattress? Mine is still full of pesky little bugs. Grrrrr.

22/9/06 1:34 p.m.  
Blogger Rebekah Dooley said...

love you and miss you
RB

26/9/06 1:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker